Attorney at Law / Patent Attorney
Tel: +86 10 8530 6315
● Patent infringement litigation
● Patent invalidation and administrative litigation
● Patent freedom-to-operate analysis
● Trade secret, software copyright and trademark litigation
Carrie Yan has practiced PRC IP law since 2010 and joined LexField Law Offices in 2014. Prior to joining LexField, Carrie Yan was a senior patent examiner at National Intellectual Property Administration. She has handled more than 150 patent litigations and accumulated rich experience in areas including electrical engineering, Internet, software and computer engineering, and standard-essential patents ("SEPs"). Carrie Yan is highly recognized by clients for the quality of her service and the capability to deliver favorable results.
Represented a multinational telecommunication company in preparatory analysis and license negotiation regarding a package of SEPs leading to a favorable license agreement.
Represented a domestic computer chip company to sue two mobile phone manufacturers in China for SEP infringement and brought a favorable settlement for the client.
Represented a Chinese telecommunication company in the cross patent infringement suits with a Korean telecommunication company and helped the client's patents survive invalidation challenges.
Defended a Japanese motor manufacturer in a series of infringement suits filed by a Chinese company with 4 utility model patents, and had all the patents invalidated.
Defended a Chinese online video company in a patent infringement suit and had the patent invalidated.
Successfully represented a Swedish outdoor recreation company to sue multiple infringers for infringement of design patents.
Successfully invalidated a patent held by a British company and continued the victory in subsequent judicial review.
● PRC Licensed Attorney at Law (2012)
● PRC License Patent Attorney (2012)
● Patent Examination Qualification (2010)
● Bachelor of Electrical Engineering and Automation, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2009
● Bachelor of Laws, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2009
● Master of Laws, Renmin University of China, 2014
● English, Mandarin