Director of Managing Committee / Senior Partner
Attorney at Law / Trademark Attorney
Tel: +86 10 8525 1556
● Trademark Strategic counseling & Portfolio Management
● Trademark Prosecution & Clearance Search
● All Trademark & Internet IP Contentious Matters
● Anti-unfair competition issues
● Non-litigation & Dispute Resolution
● Negotiation of IP-related Dispute Resolutions
● Ms. Jan Liu is the founding partner of the firm. Jan Liu has practiced intellectual property law since 1988 and is widely recognized one of China's foremost trademark attorneys. Ms. Liu served with the CCPIT Patent & Trademark Law Office from 1988 through 2000. She joined King & Wood in January 2001 as partner founding the firm's Intellectual Property Department. In July 2004, she launched Jan Liu & Associates, a boutique IP firm specializing in trademarks, copyrights, anti-unfair competition law. With the merger of a litigation team into the firm in 2009 as led by a Chinese leading IP litigation lawyer Mr. Hongyi Jiang, the firm Jan Liu & Associates changed its name to LexField Law Offices, and Ms. Liu became the LexField Managing Committee Director.
● Ms. Liu has successfully represented many of the world's leading corporations in various trademark portfolio management and contentious work as well as unfair competition matters. She has successfully handled a large number of complicated trademark infringement cases, domain name disputes, internet infringement cases and various unfair competition cases. Among her more notable cases, she has successfully represented several world leading companies to have their trademarks officially recognized as famous trademarks, subsequently strengthening its legal security for a wide range of goods/services. She has also successfully represented many leading companies in stopping trademark infringements and unfair competition work.
● Whenever possible, Ms. Liu offers her clients a selection of options for solving disputes. This has the benefit to her clients of providing the best result with minimal expenditures of time and money. She is a skilled negotiator who has an ability to bring a quick resolution to disputes.
● Ms. Liu's clients include Google Inc., Sun Microsystems, Inc., BP plc and many other European, American .and Japanese leading corporations in very diversified industrial fields.
● Through her substantial experience, Ms. Liu has built strong bridges between the firm and the IP authorities, significantly enhancing the effectiveness of LexField's client representation.
● The Sun Microsystems trademark group also named her Counsel of the Year in 2006.
● Ms. Liu is a regular speaker at international IP conferences.
B.A., Beijing Foreign Study University (1988)
● Member of INTA
● Member of AIPPI
● Member of LES