Dr. Jiang Liwei, a senior expert on IP litigation, joins LexFieldDATE：2019-01-15 FROM：LexField
Dr. Jiang Liwei has joined LexField Law Offices as a partner of the Firm.
Consistent with the LexField methodology, Dr. Jiang is adept at resolving complex IP disputes with novel and pragmatic solutions that are commercially viable. His scope of coverage includes:
· Dispute resolution, litigation and compliance involving patent, trademark, copyright, trade secrets, and unfair competition; and
· Dispute resolution, investigation, litigation and compliance related to antitrust.
Dr. Jiang has worked at courts in Beijing for 12 years and has worked over 1,600 civil and administrative cases involving intellectual property. Some of his representative cases were included into:
· Top Five Monthly Cases listed by the Supreme People's Court in 2014;
· The first Paradigm Cases of Intellectual Property Courts in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou listed by the Supreme People's Court in 2015;
· Top Ten Trademark Involving Geographical Indications Cases of China in 2015;
· Annual Top Ten Cases of the Beijing Courts involving intellectual property protection, on five occasions.
Dr. Jiang transitioned to private practice in 2016 and has represented:
· iReader Technology Co. to deal with a malicious patent litigation and extortion while successfully assisting the client to get publicly listed;
· Chigo Holding Ltd. in a trademark infringement and unfair competition suit;
· PISEN Electronics Co., Ltd. to lodge complaints against Apple with the State Administration for Industry and Commerce and the National Development and Reform Commission alleging abuse of its market dominant position;
· An international shipping company who was the subject of an antitrust investigation by the National Development and Reform Commission and successfully obtained a suspension of the investigation.
Dr. Jiang received his master of laws degree on litigation from Tsinghua University and his doctorate of intellectual property law from East China University of Political Science and Law.
Dr. Jiang is well-connected as a thought leader in the China intellectual property arena. Some of his professional affiliations include:
· council member of China Law Association on Science and Technology;
· council member of China Association of Business Law;
· council member of Beijing Intellectual Property Law Research Association;
· member of the Expert Committee of China Enterprise Trademark Appraisal Center;
· researcher at the Dispute Resolution Research Center at the School of Law, Tsinghua University;
· recognized expert at the Judicial Data Research Center IPHOUSE (China’s leading intellectual property data information provider); and
· mediation expert at the Yang Guang Intellectual Property Mediation Center.
Dr. Jiang’s expertise in intellectual property litigation will help the LexField team to continue providing the outstanding professional quality to serve Chinese and international clients for greater success in the global marketplace.